1. Three Pitch format - ASA Rules apply
- Maximum of (3) pitches to each batter
- 2 balls = walk
- 2 strikes = strikeout
2. All games are six (6) innings. No inning shall start after 10:45 PM.
3. Speed-Up Rule - If any time after the losing team has completed 5 at bats, the score differential is ten (10) or more runs, the umpire shall terminate the game.
4. To avoid having the 9:00 games start so late, no top half of an inning will start after 7:30 and 9:10. Innings will be played to completion. Lights go off automatically at 11PM. TIE GAMES WILL END AT THE TIME LIMIT. Time limits will be suspended for the tournament.
5. Teams must start at least eight (8) players.
* A team starting with 8 or 9 players can add players up to and including 10 players at any time. Additional hitters up to 13 may be added until the 2nd at bat of the 1st batter in the order.
* The speed up rule will be in effect after four (4) innings are complete only if the team playing with fewer than 10 players is losing.
5A. Teams can bat up to 15 batters. The team manager must advise the opposing team manager and umpire prior to the game if more than 11 batters are to be used. Batting order must remain constant at all times. If any player is withdrawn from the batting order for any reason other than serious injury, that spot in the order becomes an out.
5B. A team losing a player to significant injury during a game that is acknowledged by the umpire and both team managers, that team will not have to take an automatic out when that injured player is due to bat. In any other situations, such as player leaving the field for emergencies, etc, the team will have to take an automatic out for that batter. In the event of a player ejection for sportsmanship, they must be replaced else game is forfeit.
6. Forfeit time is five (5) minutes after the scheduled starting time. If a team forfeits the first game of a doubleheader, they shall have an additional twenty (20) minutes before forfeiting the second game. In the event of forfeit, the forfeiting team pays the umpire both teams’ fees.
7. All bats must be ASA approved. Miken Freak is only grand fathered ASA unapproved bats in 2008 but allowed in 2007 that will be permitted. Allowable balls are the Dudley Thunder, Dudley P-12 / SB12 and Trump AK-EZ. Ball specifications are .44 cor and 375 compression. The league has supplied each team with one new ball for each doubleheader. Any ball lost over the fence or out of bounds must be replaced by the team at bat when the ball is lost.
8. Fighting, extreme profanity, baiting or threatening of umpires or any similar un-sportsman-like conduct will result in an immediate two (2) game suspension for guilty party(ies). Players displaying conduct detrimental to the league will be expelled, at the discretion of the league commissioner, from further league play.
9. Any ball hit over the fence will be declared an out.
10.USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES BY PLAYERS, COACHES OR SPECTATORS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. VIOLATION OF THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE FORFEITURE OF GAME AND POSSIBLE SUSPENSION FROM THE LEAGUE.
10A THE BATHROOMS LOCATED AT THE LOWER FIELD MUST BE USED. ANY PLAYER SEEN ABUSING THIS RULE WILL HAVE THEIR TEAM SUBJECT TO GAME FORFEITURE.
11. ROSTERS – All teams must fill out a roster on file with the league at all times. Before any player is eligible to play in any LTRC league, he must read the liability waiver at the top of the roster and sign the roster form. Any team fielding an ineligible player will forfeit all games in which that player appears. Lutherville-Timonium Recreation Council and Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks will not be held liable for any injury to a player who fails to sign a league roster.
12. Metal spikes are not permitted at Seminary Park.
3-pitch- $39.00 per team per doubleheader prior to the game.
POSTPONEMENT PROCEDURE-Weather Hotline 410-560-3376
Canceled games will be announced at 410-560-3376. Postponed games will be made up at the discretion of the league coordinator and President. If 6:00 games are cancelled, all remaining games in the evening are cancelled.
REPORTING GAME RESULTS
Each team manager should call in game results the following day. Call the league coordinator. Standings can only be issued if game results are reported.
SEMINARY PARK GROUND RULES
1. Fence, screen and poles are IN PLAY.
2. Ball lodged in fence is TWO BASES.
3. Any ball hit over the I-83 fence will be declared an out.
SEMINARY PARK COURTESY RULES
1. No alcoholic beverages in park.
2. Use bathrooms in shelter building at lower end of park.
3. Do not trespass on private property bordering the park.
4. Do not bring dogs to games.
5. Excessive loud noise will not be tolerated.
6. Please pick up any trash around the player/spectator areas before leaving the park.
As a sanction against those teams or individuals whose behavior is unacceptable, but the umpire judges that ejection is too severe a penalty, the umpire may invoke a technical out against the offending team.
A. Offense: If the team at bat is guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct, the umpire may enforce an out against them. If this is the first or second out of the inning, the game continues with the batter and base runners being unaffected; an additional out is simply added to the team's total. If the technical out is the third out of the inning, the next inning will resume with the batter who would have batted had the out not been called. In this case, the batter will begin with a fresh count.
B. Defense: If the team in the field is guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct, the umpire may invoke the technical out rule by giving them an out when they come to bat.
C. Two consecutive technical outs may not be assessed against the same team. At least one pitch (legal or illegal) must intervene. An ejection for any unsportsmanlike behavior must be accompanied by the charging of an out against the offending team.
As a safety measure, any runner may request a courtesy runner after reaching base and play is stopped. The runner, if used, will be the last batter male / female who made the last out. With the exception of an injury use, any courtesy runner intentions must be identified at the start of the game. The intent is one designated courtesy runner and a runner for player injury.
Back to Adult Softball Home Page
SEMINARY CO-ED LEAGUE RULES
1. Each team will be composed of at least 4 female position players and 6 male position players. Each team may add an additional hitter that can be either male or female. After the 11 players, a team may add as many additional hitters as desired given that every male batter added is followed by a female batter. The additional batters may move in and out of fielding positions at will as long as a total of no more than 6 male position players are exceeded.
2. Male batters will hit with the 12” balls. Female batters will have the option to hit 11” OR 12” balls. Any ball hit over the fence will be declared an out.
3. If a male batter is walked, and is followed by a female batter, the male batter will be awarded 2nd base and the female batter has the option to walk or hit.
Back to Adult Softball Home Page