Robotics Camp is going virtual this summer.
REGISTER ONLINE AT STONE ALLEY.COM
Welcome to our 9th annual summer camps! While this year’s format will be different, we think that you’ll have fun, meet new people, and learn some cool things. Thanks for taking the time to check out what we have to offer. See our Facebook page for pictures and videos of previous camps and additional information: https://www.facebook.com/ridgelytechcamp/
- Each session is a separate camp. Morning sessions run from 10 AM—12 PM. Afternoon sessions are from 2 PM—4 PM. (Don’t sign up for both.)
- However, you can sign up for different AM and PM sessions. For example, in week 1, you could do Intro. to Robotics in the morning and Flight & Space in the afternoon.
- The cost per session is $160.00. The drone session is $260 which includes the drone kit.
- The camps are open to all students from all schools, including home schools. And with this summer’s online format, geography is not a barrier. We welcome any relatives or friends from around the country and beyond.
- The VEX Metal sessions are for advanced robotics students and by permission of the instructors only
- Questions? Contact us, Greg Kallaur & Lou Schoff, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See the breakdowns on the sessions, title, and date in the table at REGISTER ONLINE AT STONE ALLEY.COM
Introduction to Robotics—Learn about the principles of robotics and engineering design. Learn how to program robots through obstacles using the VEX IQ platform.
Intermediate Robotics—A continuation of Introduction to Robotics with an increased emphasis on programming and the use of sensors.
Maker Session—Become a maker! Have fun with hands-on projects. Build structures, boats, cars, and rockets. Learn about electricity and magnets and even play with your food. All this while learning a bit of engineering, physics, electronics, science and technology.
S.T.E.A.M. Girls—Girls interested in engineering, coding, and science are mentored, motivated, and encouraged by accomplished high school and college female students.
3D Modeling & Printing—Learn the basics of computer-aided design with TinkerCAD and FlashForge printing. Create awesome things to take home! (We’ll deliver or you can pick them up at Ridgely MS.)
Fly, Code, & Race a Drone—Program your own drone to make it through an obstacle course. Learn the basics of drone racing and have a drone dance party! (The higher cost reflects the purchase of the drone.)
VEX Metal Robotics—The fundamentals of VEX EDR, as well as more advanced strategies essential to success within VEX robotics. Along with building and programming, engineering notebooks, competition strategy, and the planning process will all be covered.
3D Modeling for Robotics—An introduction to Autodesk Inventor in order to create detailed, organized virtual robot assemblies that allow for rapid prototyping. You’ll have a big advantage when you finally build your VEX robot with streamlined efficiency.
Flight and Space—Explore the science of flight by learning about and making planes, whirly-gigs, balloons, and rockets.
Video Editing—Use Windows video editing software and/or iMovie to make your own video creation! Learn the principles of video editing and how to make your own movie!
Game Design—Learn the basics of 2D game design and create your own game using the Processing game development environment!